The Gift of Being Broken

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
SilentDawning

Re: The Gift of Being Broken

Post by SilentDawning »

I re-read the article....this quote struck me:
Why? Because our brokenness connects us to each other, and our brokenness brings us to Christ. It is by bringing our broken hearts to Him that we are made whole.
A couple weeks ago something happened that broke my wife's spirit a bit. It put her right into the world of my parents when I got married and they were left out of the temple. I mentioned that to her. I could see she was feeling hurt, cut out, ostracized. After I said "I guess you're feeling how my parents felt when I got married". She was silent and then said very sincerely that she loves me.

She rarely says that to me. But being broken and coming together in empathy for my parents, and realizing we only had each other at that time triggered loneliness and then a turning of her heart to me, and somewhat, to my parents.

That was a gift.
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

A man asked Jesus "do all roads lead to you?" Jesus responds,”most roads don’t lead anywhere, but I will travel any road to find you.” Adapted from The Shack, William Young

"The wise man has the power" -- adapted from What A Fool Believes -- The Doobie Brothers