The Price of Expansive Love

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

The Price of Expansive Love

Post by Curt Sunshine » 06 Jan 2015, 12:43

My oldest daughter posted the following quote on Facebook today, with the tag-line: "Missing Germany".
"You will never be completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of living and loving people in more than one place."

I think it is a beautiful quote - and that "place" applies not just to physical locations but also to emotional / spiritual conditions.

Even when my body is not in front of the computer with this site open, my heart often is with all of you. That is the price I pay for the richness of your association.

Thank you!
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

LookingHard

Re: The Price of Expansive Love

Post by LookingHard » 06 Jan 2015, 14:06

Like +1

The older I get the more I value friends.

Roy

Post by Roy » 06 Jan 2015, 15:21

Ray, even though we have never met. You are a true friend in every sense of the word. The same is true for so many that participate here.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

MockingJay

Post by MockingJay » 06 Jan 2015, 17:53

:thumbup: :thumbup: