You need to start responding

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
mom3

You need to start responding

Post by mom3 » 22 Sep 2014, 21:09

Yep - I am talking to all of you - I am going to need to sit down, shut up, or find a new forum because my name is on nearly every category. I know I am a chatter box but this is embarrassing. Even if you just put an embarrassed emoticom I would sure appreciate it. Thank you and sleep tight. Signing off.
:oops:
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman

cwald

Re: You need to start responding

Post by cwald » 22 Sep 2014, 21:57

:)
  Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn't participate enthusiastically. - Robert Kirby

cwald

Post by cwald » 22 Sep 2014, 22:00

Actually, you make a good point.

I seldom respond anymore, because. ..
1. I get tired of getting reprimanded. Way to tight moderation here.

2. I feel bad when I get moderated. I respect the mods and I dont like to make the mods stressed, even though I think they are nuts and playing mental gymnastics most of the time.

3. I simply don't believe in the the mission of stsyLDS.
  Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn't participate enthusiastically. - Robert Kirby

cwald

Post by cwald » 22 Sep 2014, 22:02

If it wasn't for friends here, I would not resond ever.

I'm only responding now out of my great respect and admiration for you and SundanceGT.

Ilovechrist77

Post by Ilovechrist77 » 22 Sep 2014, 22:21

Mom3, I don't mind reading your posts. Sorry I don't tend to comment that much. Once in a while I might post something, but I really have to feel the need to. I will probably post a new topic pretty soon.

Ann

Post by Ann » 22 Sep 2014, 22:21

:oops:
"Preachers err by trying to talk people into belief; better they reveal the radiance of their own discovery." - Joseph Campbell

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

"Therefore they said unto him, How were thine eyes opened? He answered and said unto them, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes...." - John 9:10-11

Harmony

Post by Harmony » 22 Sep 2014, 23:06

:oops: :wave:

DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi » 23 Sep 2014, 02:48

I feel that way sometimes, too, Mom3. Sometimes I look at the index page and every category has my name. Sometimes it seems as though there are only a couple posts in a day. Sometimes I don't respond because I don't want to appear overbearing or seem like a know-it-all. Sometimes I don't respond because I know most people won't agree with my response (depending on my mood) or I don't want to offend someone (I am sometimes apparently capable of doing so). I do go to other forums just for those reasons - but they're really not better.

Cwald, I thought I was your friend?
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

nibbler

Post by nibbler » 23 Sep 2014, 04:23

I've slacked off of late for many reasons, in no particular order:

I have my moments and right now I'm not in the best of places. Right now I'd rather turtle up than subject people to my current state of mind.

I'm not much of a thread starter. If I've got a question more often than not I want to struggle to answer it myself. For me the value is to be found in the struggle, not the content of the answer. If I have a comment I usually talk myself out of posting it because I convince myself that it's not thread worthy or I feel like I know what types of responses the thread will elicit.

I agree with some of cwald's points, I don't know whether the tone of the site has shifted, whether my perspective has shifted, or most likely a bit of both.

Church just isn't fulfilling right now. It's just not. I see the thread "Good things that happen" and long for some of those experiences. Yes, those experiences are there for me if I look hard enough but I've got some serious spiritual eye strain going on right now. I'd crate a vent thread called "Bad things that happen" but while it may appear to be a cathartic process on the surface I know that it would just reinforce fostering a negative outlook.

I've determined that silence is my best option for now.
The wound is the place where the light enters you.
— Rumi

NewLight

Post by NewLight » 23 Sep 2014, 04:39

I appreciate your comments, Mom3, as well as everyone's here. Your insights have been very insightful to me as I have been going through this transition over the last year or so.

I really like that this forum is respectful and doesn't just rip on everything. I think the people here are realistic, but keep positive instead of just tearing things down. The tone is refreshing compared to other things out on the Internet.