Do any of you drink coffee?

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
amateurparent

Re: Do any of you drink coffee?

Post by amateurparent » 28 Mar 2015, 20:43

SamBee:

I have seen a lot of colonoscopies. A lot. Like 18 months of colonoscopies. Every day .. For 18 long months. Wanted to chew my leg off to get away.

Sorry dude .. But there is not a correlation between coffee and piles or GI bleeds. Low fiber diets can cause all kinds of GI problems. Coffee .. not so much with the lower parts. Large amounts of caffeine can increase gastric reflux issues. But that is a quantity issue .. And large amounts of caffeinated colas do the same.
I have no advance degrees in parenting. No national credentials. I am an amateur parent. I read, study, and learn all I can to be the best parent possible. Every time I think I have reached expert status with one child for one stage in their life, something changes and I am back to amateur status again. Now when I really mess up, I just apologize to my child, and explain that I am indeed an amateur .. I'm still learning how to do this right.

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 03 Apr 2015, 13:43

I've heard at least three doctors say otherwise.

If that doesn't put someone off maybe blinding migraines and its epileptifacient qualities should.

I'd sooner drink alcohol in small quantities than coffee in small quantities.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 04 Apr 2015, 08:32

[Admin Note]: We are at the point where there is nothing new to add, and the only place to go is argument. Therefore, this thread is being closed.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken