worthiness questions in calling interview

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
SunbeltRed

Re: worthiness questions in calling interview

Post by SunbeltRed » 11 Aug 2014, 18:39

journeygirl,

I'm very glad to hear that at least you have a local Bishop who seems like a good guy. It can make all the difference to have someone who is willing to listen and can understand other people's view points.

Again, being that your Bishop basically said it was a non-issue (from a confession standpoint) its good to know that your husband can still have an opportunity to contribute to the ward.

Keep us in the loop.

-SBRed

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 11 Aug 2014, 18:39

:thumbup:
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Notchet

Post by Notchet » 11 Aug 2014, 22:11

Sounds to me like you might have had an overly zealous HCman (Bishop wannabe) on an ego trip. I've served on several HCs and extended many stake callings. Unless things have recently changed, worthiness interviews are to be conducted by Bps and/or SPs prior to name submission to the stake for HC approval. If the HC or SP still have questions about worthiness, the Bp is notified and asked to act in his role of Judge in Israel. (conduct another worthiness interview) Once cleared by the Bp and SP, a HCman is assigned to extend the calling, with NO need to question further about worthiness.