are garments getting your panties in a bunch, too?

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: are garments getting your panties in a bunch, too?

Post by Curt Sunshine » 17 Jul 2014, 23:30

What type of garments are good for hot weather?

Swimsuits
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Ilovechrist77

Post by Ilovechrist77 » 17 Jul 2014, 23:34

Hahah. Funny, Ray. :lol:

GBSmith

Post by GBSmith » 17 Jul 2014, 23:44

Ray DeGraw wrote:
What type of garments are good for hot weather?

Swimsuits
Or less. http://www.ldssdf.org/v2/

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 17 Jul 2014, 23:50

I was waiting for the resident nudist to add that link. :P
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

nibbler

Post by nibbler » 18 Jul 2014, 04:04

Ilovechrist77 wrote:Since we're on the subject, I used to wear mesh garments in the summer, but I heard the church doesn't make those anymore. You see, summers out here in Illinois can get pretty hot and humid. What type of garments are good for hot weather? :problem:
They still make the nylon mesh type but the kind that's best for summer weather is dri lux in the boxer style. For briefs your best bet is cotton-ploy, but it runs hotter than the dri lux.

The most important thing, and I'll play this like a broken record... don't get the extra support kind. Those are meant for keeping you slightly warm while exploring the Antarctic and you forgot to pack pants.

Forgotten_Charity

Post by Forgotten_Charity » 18 Jul 2014, 06:02

Ray DeGraw wrote:I was waiting for the resident nudist to add that link. :P
:lol:

Forgotten_Charity

Post by Forgotten_Charity » 18 Jul 2014, 06:20

Ilovechrist77 wrote:Since we're on the subject, I used to wear mesh garments in the summer, but I heard the church doesn't make those anymore. You see, summers out here in Illinois can get pretty hot and humid. What type of garments are good for hot weather? :problem:
I can give you general and specific information with material for hot and or humid weather.

There are 3 main materials Cotten, linen and rayon.
Each have advantages and disadvantages and not much is helpful past the 90f+90 humidity danger zone.

1-Cotten-- it's great for heat as it's very breathable and wicks away moisture quickly but it's very bad for high humidity because it retains moisture for a long time and can lead to heat rash among other things.

2- Linen -- it is also good I'm hot places but bit as good as Cotten. It has much more advantage in a humid area because moisture from being soaked can evaporate much more quickly then Cotten. It's major disadvantage is mildew in very high humid environments.

3- Rayon(my personal favorite when in a hot+ humid environment.
It breaths easily and absorbs moisture easily while evaporating almost as well as linen. But it is not as durable and needs dry cleaning unless you can get HMW(high-wet modulus) Rayon which is machine washable.

I can't find any rayon garments though. So outer garments will have to do.
If it's a particularly bad day for heat and humidity then reversible outer clothing with cotton and or rayon on one side and linen or rayon in the other to absurd moisture then flip inside out to allow the moisture to dissipate while being dry in the now inside layer will help to wick away moisture from the nylon garments.
They can be found in stores like REI or underarmor etc.

Stay away from polyester, wool, it silk fabrics in hot and or humid environments.
Hope this helps you.

hawkgrrrl
Site Admin

Post by hawkgrrrl » 18 Jul 2014, 16:45

I found that the mesh ones gave me a rash anyway because the seams were so irritating. I go with drysilque just because it's thinner. But basically nothing is good in the summer in AZ or in Singapore ever.

GBSmith

Post by GBSmith » 18 Jul 2014, 18:07

I've been told by a couple of different folks that there's no requirement to wear garments under bra and panties. Shouldn't that make some difference? And as far as my earlier link, not wearing them at all when appropriate seems to be a reasonable option. :D

Ilovechrist77

Post by Ilovechrist77 » 18 Jul 2014, 23:56

Thanks for the recommendations. I will have to try those.