Thank You

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
QuestionAbound

Thank You

Post by QuestionAbound » 18 Sep 2013, 13:06

I just wanted to tell this forum (at least those whose comments are helfpul - lol) THANK YOU!

Thank you for helping to create an environment that feels safe (for me).
Thank you for not judging.
Thank you for understanding.
Thank you for sound advice.
Thank you for sharing your experiences.
Thank you for not being afraid of a discussion/debate.

I honestly feel like I have a new "church" ... if we define church as "assembly" or "group" as the ancients did. :D

So, thank you also for allowing me to be a part of this group and to ask my silly questions.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to impart wisdom of my own. :)

Orson
Site Admin

Re: Thank You

Post by Orson » 18 Sep 2013, 14:58

It is very thoughtful of you to take the time to say thanks. We are coming up on our 5 year anniversary this year and I know all involved here are pleased with the opportunities and associations we get to share.

Thanks for joining us! :thumbup:
My avatar - both physical and spiritual.

I first found faith, and thought I had all truth. I then discovered doubt, and claimed a more accurate truth. Now I’ve greeted paradox and a deeper truth than I have ever known.

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 18 Sep 2013, 15:12

Yes, thank you!

I have a hard time believing this started five years ago, until I search for a former post to put a link in someone's comment and see the dates in the post and thread. :shock:
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi » 19 Sep 2013, 04:19

QuestionAbound wrote:I just wanted to tell this forum (at least those whose comments are helfpul - lol) THANK YOU!

Thank you for helping to create an environment that feels safe (for me).
Thank you for not judging.
Thank you for understanding.
Thank you for sound advice.
Thank you for sharing your experiences.
Thank you for not being afraid of a discussion/debate.

I honestly feel like I have a new "church" ... if we define church as "assembly" or "group" as the ancients did. :D

So, thank you also for allowing me to be a part of this group and to ask my silly questions.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to impart wisdom of my own. :)
I couldn't have said it better, and add my thanks as well.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

mackay11

Thank You

Post by mackay11 » 20 Sep 2013, 10:04

I often wish that all of you lot were my local branch. We'd be awesome. The handbook might be used as nothing more than a doorstop but I'd love the talks and lessons.

church0333

Post by church0333 » 20 Sep 2013, 10:49

I just want to echo everyone's thoughts and add that what a difference this site has made for me.

dash1730

Post by dash1730 » 21 Sep 2013, 05:34

Amen, and amen
I may not walk the straight and narrow, but I try to cross it as often as I can.
---J Golden Kimball

SilentDawning

Post by SilentDawning » 21 Sep 2013, 06:32

I've been here for several years, and I credit StayLDS with helping me find a different kind of happiness and peace. One that is independent of the church but still includes it in my life (a bit) and still prominently with my family. Whether we agree with this statement (next) or not -- in a couple leadership meetings I used to attend, leaders were saying "if you lose the father you tend to lose the whole family". Due to Staylds this has not happened in my family. And the other benefit, if my children choose NOT to embrace the TBM lifestyle, I don't think I'll be upset or feel disappointed like I would've if I was still TBM.

I now serve on my own terms. It's very liberating. The only problem is when Church policy conflicts with my own personal philosophy. That requires thought, input from others and how to handle. I am readying myself for having to sacrifice certain benefits in the church eventually. When or if my children progress through various ordinances requiring a TR, I may not be willing to do what the church demands to hold one. That may require sacrifice, to embrace the losses that come from not holding a TR when there are public ceremonies requiring one.

But we believe in sacrifice, don't we? And perhaps that is the price we pay for worshipping God according to the dictates of our own conscience?
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

A man asked Jesus "do all roads lead to you?" Jesus responds,”most roads don’t lead anywhere, but I will travel any road to find you.” Adapted from The Shack, William Young

wayfarer

Post by wayfarer » 11 Oct 2013, 19:12

nice posts!
"Those who speak don't know, those who know don't speak." Lao Tzu.
My seat in the bloggernacle: http://wayfaringfool.blogspot.com

Harmony

Post by Harmony » 12 Oct 2013, 09:09

I would like to say Thank You to everyone here. It is a lifeline in the storm of a faith crisis. I just wish we could all get together for a potluck. : ) Wouldn't that be great? My husband makes a mean BBQ.