It gets better video for gay mormons

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
SamBee

Re: It gets better video for gay mormons

Post by SamBee » 10 May 2012, 10:24

It is good, but why do we always have to have emotional music in the background of documentaries these days? It's lazy.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

HSAB

Post by HSAB » 21 May 2012, 18:29

I love this video! I re-posted on my facebook wall.:)

deancatcat

Post by deancatcat » 27 May 2012, 19:08

I am an advocate for equality and stopping discrimination. I love this one. I hope it comes out okay. I am grateful our church members are starting to understand same gender love. Because I did not grow up in the church, and grew up on the S.F. Peninsula I had no idea there was discrimination like I do today. I no longer live in the Bay Area, but only an hour or so away, but people's views are different.

When my husband and I got married at our ward, we were living together before we got married and were baptized a week after our wedding at the ward building, we invited all our friends, this included many gay couples we knew. We are both in recovery for multiple years - me (I am a girl) with 21 and he with 19 years, so we were friends with many different walks of life. But the people we met at church as we learned about the gospel and decided to be baptized, came and sat at the same tables with our other friends. One of my gay friends caught the bouquet.

I hope this youtube can be seen. It's neat that this is happening.... and I loved this other video you posted. Thank you. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekoVGgn5sT0

Dean Hansen (I'm a woman)
deancatcat