It gets better video for gay mormons

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
Brian Johnston
Site Admin

It gets better video for gay mormons

Post by Brian Johnston » 22 Apr 2012, 18:15

It Gets Better
http://youtu.be/I948dOw41I8

Please share this video with everyone and anyone if you feel moved by it. It's a powerful outreach message to LGBTQ Mormons from allies within the LDS Church. I got to see this for the first time yesterday at the "Circling the Wagons" conference in Wash DC. Okay, I might actually have to admit I am not completely a tough guy. It brought me to tears.
"It's strange to be here. The mystery never leaves you alone." -John O'Donohue, Anam Cara, speaking of experiencing life.

mercyngrace

Re: It gets better video for gay mormons

Post by mercyngrace » 22 Apr 2012, 18:37

Saw this earlier this afternoon and had the same reaction, Brian.

You can feel the heartache and the healing through the stories shared in this video.

I posted my response to the video elsewhere but I'll add it here also:
I've wondered lately, if homosexuality is the new blindness. In other words, instead of asking who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind, maybe we should just patiently wait for the works of God to be manifest.

And maybe the real work of God is manifest in the softening of our own hearts as we view the pain and suffering of our fellow beings. Maybe the real work of God is manifest when we learn to love.
Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. ~ Luke 7:47

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 23 Apr 2012, 15:13

I saw it - and it proved I'm not a tough guy, either. Fwiw, I'm glad it proved that.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Minyan Man

Post by Minyan Man » 23 Apr 2012, 17:23

Thanks Brian. I watched the video & talked about it with my son.
I know this has been said before. I will say again, for me.
This topic is more of a test for the Church. Will we choose to show compassion or be negative & judgemental?
I hope I will pass my test.

Mike from Milton.

mercyngrace

Post by mercyngrace » 23 Apr 2012, 19:11

Mike, I couldn't agree with you more. :thumbup:
Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. ~ Luke 7:47

Brian Johnston
Site Admin

Post by Brian Johnston » 24 Apr 2012, 05:51

I was really inspired by the overarching call to love. We love you, first and foremost! We'll figure out all the other details later. Let's focus on being together as families and as followers of Christ.
"It's strange to be here. The mystery never leaves you alone." -John O'Donohue, Anam Cara, speaking of experiencing life.

bridget_night

Post by bridget_night » 24 Apr 2012, 07:13

Did you also hear of the BYU Gay Mormon panel on campus and what a huge success it was:

http://trevorantley.com/2012/04/05/byus ... e-success/

http://thestudentreview.org/2012/04/04/ ... -students/

BeLikeChrist

delete please

Post by BeLikeChrist » 09 May 2012, 18:46

delete please
Last edited by BeLikeChrist on 31 Dec 2014, 06:24, edited 2 times in total.

Ilovechrist77

Post by Ilovechrist77 » 09 May 2012, 23:21

Words can't even describe how I feel about that video. My heart was touched. I have two friends that are gay and I have truly learned to love them as Christ would.

hawkgrrrl
Site Admin

Post by hawkgrrrl » 10 May 2012, 06:44

A very important test for the church. So far, I think we passed.