Changing Relationships with Friends and Larry King Interview

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
Heber13
Site Admin

Re: Changing Relationships with Friends and Larry King Interview

Post by Heber13 » 01 Jun 2010, 14:48

I agree with Ray that the changing relationships is a human thing.

I do a lot of project management in my job, and I see the big kick-off to a new project full of enthusiasm and support as new hopes of improvements are described.

As the project goes on, and the real world sets in with problems with team members, budget issues, time crunches and a lot of new "hidden problems" come to light that road block the projects, it often leads to frustration and lack of enthusiasm for what was hoped for compared to what is reality.

However, pushing through the obstacles and continuing to do things to sustain momentum and celebrate wins and good work is a great motivator to keep team members involved in the project until completion.

I see the same at church. I think it is just our human nature to picture in our heads things (spiritual creation) and set some expectations that sometimes vary greatly from the real world events (physical creation).
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."