What do I believe now?

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
Alfie

Re: What do I believe now?

Post by Alfie » 19 Feb 2010, 16:45

Thanks everyone for your responses. I think the suggestion to talk it over with the bishop is a good one. It is a balancing act because we don't want to offend anyone which we have done in the past with home teachers who are too pushy. We have a situation right now with our current home teacher who is pushing too hard. I think we have either offended him or hurt his feelings by not accepting his frequent invitations.
Along those lines, we had an interesting exchange last fast Sunday where two ward members stood to bear testimony and encouraged everyone to "friendship" a certain non-member family that lives in our ward boundaries. The family has apparently asked in a friendly and tactful way to be left alone because they are happy in the church they attend, but their request fell on deaf ears.
I have made a decision concerning my TR which is about to expire. I'm not ready to renew it. Maybe some day I will, I don't know. If the bishop calls me in to renew, I'm ready to tell him what's going on with me right now. I've received much help from all that I've been reading here and feel empowered to make some small steps into the unknown.

nightwalden

Re: What do I believe now?

Post by nightwalden » 19 Feb 2010, 23:29

I'd be surprised if your bishop would actually call you in if your recommend expires. I don't think most bishops pay attention to that kind of stuff. I think it's a good idea to let your bishop know what can be helpful to you. He can talk to your hometeachers about some helpful boundaries. It seems like you have a really good attitude right now which is helpful. For me, I talked to everyone who would listen to me at the beginning. Friends, family, people at church, my bishop, etc. I found it really helpful. I didn't feel judged. Some people really didn't get it but by trying to explain what I was going through I understood it much better. Good luck.