I Need Support

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
DarkJedi

Re: I Need Support

Post by DarkJedi » 24 Jun 2020, 14:49

Roy wrote:
24 Jun 2020, 14:10
I am sorry for what you are going through. It can be difficult to function and have high quality of life without adequate sleep.

I wonder if it might be easiest to take a sabbatical from the LDS church and see if that helps. I believe this to be a low cost experiment because you can always cut your sabbatical short if it doesn't seem to be helping.
And we've already got a start on sabbaticals! :smile: Maybe in addition to just not going to church a mental sabbatical is in order, although that may be easier said than done.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

Ilovechrist77

Post by Ilovechrist77 » 24 Jun 2020, 20:32

Roy, I have thought of taking a sabbatical. In fact, when I was inactive at one time, I was sorta doing that. However, I eventually felt I needed to go back. I was visiting my parents this Sunday for Father's Day and I didn't realize that, even though my dad has had his health problems caused by used to having his radiation treatments for cancer, my parents had distanced themselves from the ward. I said in their case a change of location might help. I have been enjoying home church in my apartment since the church shut down due to the COVID-19, but a part of me misses the fellowship. There some family friends in my ward that seen and supported me through my various stages of faith. I'm real close friend with them. However, I don't want to unload all my concerns on them either. Although my new bishop is a very laid back guy, I don't know him well enough to share too many of my concerns with him. I have a calling a ward missionary, which I don't mind. It's just that where so many members have this eventual hope that all non-members will join the church, I don't believe everyone will be comfortable as a member of the church no matter how spiritual or "worthy," "righteous" they are. I believe it may or not be part of their spiritual path. I'm kind of that way when it comes to ministering when it comes to people that are inactive. If people feel prompted to be baptized into the church or be active in it, I welcome it. If they don''t, I support that too. I'm aware that any religious organization wants as many as possible to join and it keep there members involved as possible, I respect that. I just wish respecting people's spiritual paths could be taught a little more often in many religious organizations, especially our church. Elder Uchtdorf, who I like alot, used to teach that a little bit. Now, I noticed in the April General Conference that his message seems to have changed a little bit.

Roy

Post by Roy » 27 Jun 2020, 13:03

I hope you find a greater measure of peace - at the very least to get restful night's sleep.

Every person has a path that is valid. May we all find joy and meaningfulness in our individual paths.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

Ilovechrist77

Post by Ilovechrist77 » 30 Jun 2020, 00:49

Roy, thank you. I really appreciate that. I really try to give leadership the benefit of the my church issues regarding racist teachings and how they handled church history in the past, but I only handle so much. I've thinking after activity in the church started up again and if eventually things get to hard, I might need to ask my leaders if I can take a mental break. I don't think that would be a problem because my bishop and my ward mission leader are pretty laid back guys.