Support StayLDS!

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
Roy

Support StayLDS!

Post by Roy » 12 Jan 2020, 14:40

Hello StayLDS friends!

StayLDS needs to make payment of the annual hosting account and site management fee in order to continue.

The annual fee is only $131.88 And the renewal deadline is February 6th, 2020. Next year we will be more prepared but for this year we are stuck between an rock of $131.88 and a hard place.

We have created a paypal account to receive donations to pay for this annual fee. The paypal account is linked to the email address kapobob@aol.com

We tested it out and sent from one paypal account to another with no fee. If you wish to send money from a credit card then there is a fee of a little less than 5%. Also, to send via credit card you will need to open a paypal account to verify your identity.

If everyone could contribute even a small amount we will have no trouble making this deadline.

Thank you,

Your StayLDS administrative and moderation team
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

LookingHard

Re: Support StayLDS!

Post by LookingHard » 18 Jan 2020, 08:29

Give me just a few days and I will make my contribution. For all of you that find this beneficial, kick in a few bucks. It might just go away if the annual drives don't get enough money to keep it going.

Roy

Post by Roy » 22 Jan 2020, 11:14

As of yesterday we have not received any donations and the 2-6-2020 deadline continues to loom … ominously.

If anyone would like to donate but is intimidated by the PayPal method, please contact me and we can make alternate arrangements.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

Minyan Man

Post by Minyan Man » 22 Jan 2020, 13:42

I made a donation around the 12th or 13th.
If you want to know the details, I can send you documentation from my credit card company.

Roy

Post by Roy » 22 Jan 2020, 15:18

Thank you MM,

I will look into this and get back to you.

Roy

Post by Roy » 23 Jan 2020, 12:16

Update! MM and I have been conversing and we discovered that he hade made a donation through the Open Stories Foundation as he had done in years past.

The Open Stories Foundation has historically supported StayLDS financially and donating through them is a valid option. I do not have any visibility to that account however - so if you choose to go that route please send me a message to let me know that you donated and how much. This helps me to document for Open Stories that StayLDS is at least partially pulling its own weight in the network of Open Stories sites.

We are still in need of additional donations! If you would like to donate but are not sure of the best option of how to do it please contact me. I am confident that we can find something that will work for you.

Holy Cow

Post by Holy Cow » 24 Jan 2020, 10:08

Thanks for the update, Roy! I just submitted a Paypay donation using the email address listed above. Would you be able to let us know when we have reached the target goal? Thanks!
My introduction: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6139