To Everyone Who Lurks and Never Comments

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
Old-Timer
Site Admin

To Everyone Who Lurks and Never Comments

Post by Old-Timer »

"So, if you are too tired to speak, sit (with us) for (we), too, (are) fluent in silence." - R. Arnold

Thank you simply for being here. That needs to be said occasionally.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
mom3

Re: To Everyone Who Lurks and Never Comments

Post by mom3 »

:clap:
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman
SilentDawning

Post by SilentDawning »

Yep -- we are thankful for the people who are interested enough to read what we say!
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

A man asked Jesus "do all roads lead to you?" Jesus responds,”most roads don’t lead anywhere, but I will travel any road to find you.” Adapted from The Shack, William Young

"The wise man has the power" -- adapted from What A Fool Believes -- The Doobie Brothers
Kcrumb

Post by Kcrumb »

That would be me! Thank you to everyone who comments and responds. I find so much support and comfort in reading what you all have to say.
Kipper

Post by Kipper »

I'm pretty amazed at the ability to articulate many of you have. I get a lot from your comments. Many times I come here to post but run out of time during my lunch hour just reading. :geek:
Walls

Post by Walls »

This is me too, thanks. :wave: With the changes this year I thought I would do better at church, but mostly church is inducing anxiety and the changes have exacerbated that. I realized I’ve only been twice since the new year, once to my own ward, and didn’t make it through both hours there. I’ve enjoyed reading and rereading this board, maybe I’ll get up the courage to post more, maybe not, but thanks for all of your thoughts you all take the time to share.