The legend of the Northern Lights

For the discussion of spirituality -- from LDS and non-LDS sources
SamBee

The legend of the Northern Lights

Post by SamBee » 24 Dec 2018, 06:06

A beautiful short video (4 mins) about the Northern Lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljLbeISADzo
It is said that not long after their creation, the salmon lost their way...

"if you look upward and fight onward," replied the white bear. "You can conquer the great mountain".
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

LDS_Scoutmaster

Re: The legend of the Northern Lights

Post by LDS_Scoutmaster » 26 Dec 2018, 16:30

Nice thank you for sharing!

My first thought was there were going to be bears along the journey, eating the salmon as they swam up the river. :problem:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6311&start=70#p121051 My last talk

We are all imperfect beings, dealing with other imperfect beings, and we're doing it imperfectly.

SamBee

Re: The legend of the Northern Lights

Post by SamBee » 26 Dec 2018, 17:54

LDS_Scoutmaster wrote:
26 Dec 2018, 16:30
Nice thank you for sharing!

My first thought was there were going to be bears along the journey, eating the salmon as they swam up the river. :problem:
Don't worry, I thought that too, but it is a very moving parable.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."