My visions and visitations

For the discussion of spirituality -- from LDS and non-LDS sources
screwloose

My visions and visitations

Post by screwloose » 23 Aug 2018, 09:17

I saw an angel after mouth surgery may 14th 2018. He looked like a normal person only nobody saw him but me. I was sitting back in the waiting room after surgery, mouth full of blood, face completely numb. Speaking was impossible pretty much. The doctor said open your eyes, was the first thing I heard. I looked around the room then the door opens and this man dressed in surgeon clothes leans in and says, if that thing bothers you tell me and I'll remove it. Then closed the door and left. The other 4 people in the room didnt even see this guy or hear him. I know because later I asked the person that drove me and she said nobody came into that room the entire time we were in there except 2 nurses and us. But I saw a 5th person. Before surgery the doctor said their were only 2 surgeons there. One I met and the other man was an Indian man from India. The angel I saw had white skin and black hair. Nobody at that hospital fits the description I gave. So who was he? I've heard stories of angels visiting patients but I've never experienced it before myself untill now.

[Admin Note: Rather than having each experience be a separate thread, we are combining each experience into this thread. It will be much easier for everyone who participates here to comment in one thread than in different threads. Curt will copy each post thus far and paste them into this thread as individual comments. We also are changing the title of this post to reflect the comprehensive focus. We hope you understand, screwloose.]

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: My visions and visitations.

Post by Curt Sunshine » 23 Aug 2018, 12:36

That is a cool experience. I have never had anything like that, and I doubt highly I will, so I can't offer any specific input from my own experiences. All I can say is:

Accept it for what it was to you. Some people will discount it, in various ways, but hold to whatever it means to you. In the end, it all is subjective enough that the only thing that matters is how you view it and what you take from it.

It sounds like it was a wonderful experience for you. That is all that matters in the end.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: My visions and visitations

Post by Curt Sunshine » 23 Aug 2018, 20:23

From screwloose:
A few nights ago I did battle with the adversary. My first ever. This deep voice talked to me in a dream, told me to do terrible things I dont want to repeat. Immediately afterwards I woke up pretty mad it happened and what was said. The evil ones never talk to me. They just try to enter my body. But I always fight them off. I have only found 1 thing that keeps evil spirits away 99% of the time. I put up several pictures of the savior around my bedroom. Now I have peacefull night sleeps. I rarely get attacked. Before I had any pictures up I use to wake up with scratches on my face and arms. It's what evil would do to me at night. I never thought evil spirits could harm us, but they can. Blessings only keep them away for about 1 week, they always return. But the saviors image seems to hurt them more than anything I have ever found. Prayer and pictures of jesus are the only defenses.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 23 Aug 2018, 20:25

SamBee:
I don't know whether you're joking or not (judging from the user name) but some people do claim to have these experiences. I never got anything as wild as this, but certainly I used to get quite bad nightmares before I put a cross on my bedroom wall. Psychological or spiritual, you decide, but it did work for me.

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 23 Aug 2018, 20:26

screwloose:
Its probably the wrong username to use, the name makes me laugh. It's a joke on myself. The people in the forums on schizophrenia.com didnt think my name was very funny either. Not many of them had a sense of humor though. One of the reasons why I dont go there anymore. It's super easy to offend by accident. You only get 1 warning then your account gets banned for 30 days. After my month I told the administrator to delete my account.

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 23 Aug 2018, 20:28

screwloose:
6 years ago I was in another mental health facility. The first night there my neighbor was asleep and fighting with something in his dream, making lots of noise, I could not sleep at all. So I sat up, said a prayer for this man I didnt know. Immediately it was quiet! The man was at total peace. I still dont know if my prayer helped him out or if his torment ended at that very moment after I finished. I like to think I did that kindness for him. I layed back down to sleep when I felt the strangest feeling in my chest! I felt a vice squeeze my heart and shake it side to side. That was a very unique feeling I have never felt before. I closed my eyes and saw a demon dressed as a nun, hanging on the wall over my bed! My very first attack with evil, it was brave enough to show itself to me. After leaving the facility, this evil thing followed me home and tormented me about every night for 6 years. I got this bad of a punishment for praying for another. But I would do it all again if I can. I must be important to go through so much. My sister says my soul glows brighter and it attracts both sides, good and evil.

DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi » 24 Aug 2018, 05:19

I believe Joseph Smith if for no other reason than because he had ample opportunity to just walk away and fade into the frontier as a farmer. Reading from the different accounts, I'm not sure exactly what he saw or experienced, but I believe he experienced something spiritually profound. While I do not have such experiences, nor do I experience what some would call miracles, that doesn't mean they don't happen. I will not discount the experiences or beliefs of others.

That said, thank you for sharing your experiences. Our mission here is to help people who want to stay in the church stay in the church. What are you seeking? How can we help you?
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi » 26 Aug 2018, 10:16

Screwloose said:
Back in March 2018 I was troubled with the terrible things I was hearing about in the world news, I was telling my family how scared I was getting that we might be killed any time. One night I went to bed with questions about this. In my dream what can only be described as an angel came to me. He was glowing white, very intensely but it didnt hurt my eyes to look at him. Was wearing a white robe. Except his face was blurred out like I wasnt allowed to see him. I said to him, I'm afraid of the things coming onto the earth. He said, dont be afraid, these things have to happen. Then he handed me some kind of spiritual gift, I could not see what it was. Then I woke up with this intense powerfull feeling of warmth and comfort. I dont know if this was the gift I was given so I wouldnt ever forget? Or if it's normal to feel that way after a messenger of God visits you. I've only had 1 angel visitation I can remember so I cant compare. But I've had a few other situations where Angel's have talked to me to protect me from danger.
[Moderator note: like the others, this post was moved here to avoid having multiple similar threads running.]
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

mom3

Post by mom3 » 26 Aug 2018, 12:00

I have never had visitations or divine messenger dreams, but I have had life prompting visions. About half a dozen. They weren't/aren't deja vu moments. They have however played out in significant accuracy when they are being lived.

I know women who testify of having dreams and seeing future or nearly expectant children.

I think the scripture that separates spiritual gifts applies here. Some do received visions and visitations. Others/most do not. It's not a weakness or a strength.

I have little musical ability. What little I have, I have had to work for. My siblings on the other hand are profoundly gifted musically.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman

Roy

Post by Roy » 26 Aug 2018, 15:03

I can only speak for myself and my experiences.

I had a vivid dream that I felt was a divine message.

In a separate incident I experienced a very powerful impression of God's love and acceptance for me and my deceased daughter.

Here are my takeaways:

1) You get to decide what these experiences mean. They are intensely personal and only you can apply them to your life. I believe that it is beneficial to find the meanings that are geared towards making life better, more joyful and compassionate. I do not know what incidents come from God and which do not but I believe God would want me to live a joyful and compassionate life in any case. :D

2) I believe that my experiences are personal to me. I do not mean that I should never share them with anyone else, but rather that I should not share them with other people in an attempt to prove something. Because my revelatory experiences are limited to me they can have extremely limited relevance to others.

I have found these two points helpful. Your mileage may vary.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13