Noah film, Creation scene

For the discussion of spirituality -- from LDS and non-LDS sources
SamBee

Noah film, Creation scene

Post by SamBee » 22 Jun 2018, 11:40

https://youtu.be/q7tNWZhQGFc

This looks very like it has had an LDS hand in it.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

nibbler

Re: Noah film, Creation scene

Post by nibbler » 22 Jun 2018, 13:24

Maybe. Their telling of creation felt more theistic evolution and the church's traditional telling of the creation story feels more literal (no death before the fall, so evolution is out). I think the church's current interpretation of the creation story lands in the "we don't know" or "no comment" camp. I don't know though, maybe the correlated narrative is evolving.

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 22 Jun 2018, 13:57

nibbler wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 13:24
Maybe. Their telling of creation felt more theistic evolution and the church's traditional telling of the creation story feels more literal (no death before the fall, so evolution is out). I think the church's current interpretation of the creation story lands in the "we don't know" or "no comment" camp. I don't know though, maybe the correlated narrative is evolving.
They dodge evolution a bit in it I notice, but the garden scene is familiar as is the creation of Earth.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

LDS_Scoutmaster

Post by LDS_Scoutmaster » 28 Jun 2018, 14:42

Maybe the church can get licensing rights and use parts of it for the next new film :)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6311&start=70#p121051 My last talk

We are all imperfect beings, dealing with other imperfect beings, and we're doing it imperfectly.