Noah film, Creation scene

For the discussion of spirituality -- from LDS and non-LDS sources
SamBee

Noah film, Creation scene

Post by SamBee » 22 Jun 2018, 11:40

https://youtu.be/q7tNWZhQGFc

This looks very like it has had an LDS hand in it.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

nibbler

Re: Noah film, Creation scene

Post by nibbler » 22 Jun 2018, 13:24

Maybe. Their telling of creation felt more theistic evolution and the church's traditional telling of the creation story feels more literal (no death before the fall, so evolution is out). I think the church's current interpretation of the creation story lands in the "we don't know" or "no comment" camp. I don't know though, maybe the correlated narrative is evolving.
Each one of us has our own evolution of life, and each one of us goes through different tests which are unique and challenging. But certain things are common. And we do learn things from each other's experience. On a spiritual journey, we all have the same destination.
— A. R. Rahman

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 22 Jun 2018, 13:57

nibbler wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 13:24
Maybe. Their telling of creation felt more theistic evolution and the church's traditional telling of the creation story feels more literal (no death before the fall, so evolution is out). I think the church's current interpretation of the creation story lands in the "we don't know" or "no comment" camp. I don't know though, maybe the correlated narrative is evolving.
They dodge evolution a bit in it I notice, but the garden scene is familiar as is the creation of Earth.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

LDS_Scoutmaster

Post by LDS_Scoutmaster » 28 Jun 2018, 14:42

Maybe the church can get licensing rights and use parts of it for the next new film :)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6311&start=70#p121051 My last talk

We are all imperfect beings, dealing with other imperfect beings, and we're doing it imperfectly.