Rediscovering a new Godhead...

For the discussion of spirituality -- from LDS and non-LDS sources
nibbler

Re: Rediscovering a new Godhead...

Post by nibbler » 07 Apr 2018, 17:17

I was about to post some stuff on palmistry symbology when I remembered this thread:

What if Heavenly Mother is the Holy Ghost?
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel... that makes me feel ANGRY!
— Robot Devil

Beefster

Post by Beefster » 08 Apr 2018, 16:48

I was also talking about this with my friend yesterday (he visited from out of town) and he explained that he doesn't really believe the Holy Ghost is literally omnipresent and always busy whispering into everyone's souls, but that he was more of a foreman over revelatory processes. I like that concept and it is compatible with a humanoid Holy Ghost.

Maybe that role is filled by Heavenly Mother. Certainly possible.
Boys are governed by rules. Men are governed by principles.

Sometimes our journeys take us to unexpected places. That is a truly beautiful thing.

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 08 Apr 2018, 18:56

I like it, Beefster:

"Chairperson of Revelation and Inspiration"

There. I fixed it for you. :D
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken