help me write a talk!

For the discussion of spirituality -- from LDS and non-LDS sources
nibbler

Re: help me write a talk!

Post by nibbler » 19 Jun 2017, 10:40

I'm glad it went well.

After all these years have gone by and after and all the talks I've given it still hasn't gotten any easier for me.
I hereby place an order for one cheese pizza. -nibbler

hawkgrrrl
Site Admin

Post by hawkgrrrl » 19 Jun 2017, 11:14

well done thou good and faithful servant!

Heber13

Post by Heber13 » 19 Jun 2017, 11:25

Stayforthedip wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 05:26
So it was well received and I am quite happy about.
Anyhow, it was a great experience. It showed me that I can stay, I can make a difference, and I can still feel like I am true to myself.
I LOVE it!! Thanks for returning and reporting :D

Being true to yourself is so critical. I'm glad you feel good about the experience. You sound like you have some good people in your ward.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."

mom3

Post by mom3 » 19 Jun 2017, 11:48

Nice. I didn't even hear it but I love it. Happy for you. Also happy for all of us that you represented. Every time some one on the fringes wins, we all win.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman