Daughter of a King? Hmmm.

For the discussion of spirituality -- from LDS and non-LDS sources
Heber13

Re: Daughter of a King? Hmmm.

Post by Heber13 » 29 Mar 2017, 11:49

Both your posts, mom3...are incredibly powerful to me,and what I needed to read today.

I was going to post some of my first thoughts...but actually now feel inadequate. I'll leave it with what you wrote and thank your for your example and wisdom.

You're awesome. You're that little girl with a crown. That's what I envision. Thanks for posting.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."

Roy

Post by Roy » 09 Apr 2017, 10:30

I had this thought kicking around in the back of my mind for a while.
mom3 wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 14:02
It is in those moments that the glorious, glowing God of my teens, steps out of His eminence, and becomes something less glossy. His Divinity changes. I see a weary King. In brown robes, blistered hands, calloused knees, and feet. And I find I am so far from that. I cherish my glossiness. I yearn for eminence. All the while he yearns to love.

And Her - Heavenly Mother. Her heart breaks. If our concept is even close, these are her babies. Her offspring that she sent down with every mother's wish and prayer for success, delight, fulfillment, and joy. She wears no crown or silken clothes. Her sleeves are rolled up, her eyes rimmed with tired dark circles. "A voice is heard in Ramah, mourning and great weeping, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more."
When the Israelites in the meridian of time looked for the Messiah they looked for him to come in glory with conquering armies. He came instead as the child of a carpenter born in the most humble of circumstances.

Are we not children of the Good Shepherd? Are we not children of the Master Healer? Are we not children of the patient teacher? Are we not the children of the "Servant of all"?

May we follow in those footsteps as well.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 09 Apr 2017, 19:31

That is beautiful, Roy.

Thank you.

I hope you don't mind me sharing it on Facebook and my personal blog without direct attribution. ("a friend of mine")
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Roy

Post by Roy » 10 Apr 2017, 08:24

Share away. I am glad to count you as a friend. :thumbup:
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

mom3

Post by mom3 » 11 Apr 2017, 22:35

Roy - Beautiful. Thank you.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman