How to Experience God

For the discussion of spirituality -- from LDS and non-LDS sources
hawkgrrrl
Site Admin

How to Experience God

Post by hawkgrrrl » 28 Aug 2009, 14:51

HOW TO EXPERIENCE GOD

It is not in one spectacular experience that you come to know Me intimately. It is living with Me every hour of every day.

You will see My face in all that is around you.

You will see Me in all of nature--the trees and sky and flowers, the sea, and the animals.

You will see Me in the faces of those who love you and whom you love.

You will see Me in the faces of all you meet and touch each day, for I am there.

You will hear Me speaking from everywhere. I am not limited; I speak in My written Word, in the writings of others, in the singing of birds, in the laughter of children.

Listen, for you cannot miss My voice. I will speak to you through the words of people. Their voices will bring you My messages.

I am in every circumstance, in every situation. I am everywhere, in everything, and I can use everyone, even if they don't recognize it.

You cannot miss Me if you but look and listen, for it is in your own eyes and in your own ears, that you will see and hear Me.

It is in choosing to see the good in everything that happens to you, to take the blessing from each moment, each new day, each encounter with others.

It is in seeking Me, day after day, year after year, and finding Me always there, always waiting, always loving, always merciful, and always giving that you will learn to find the best in every person and situation and take from each the gifts that they bring.

You will experience Me and My presence when you see Me in all things.
Thought I would share these great thoughts going in to the weekend!

Rix

Re: How to Experience God

Post by Rix » 28 Aug 2009, 15:08

hawkgrrrl wrote:
HOW TO EXPERIENCE GOD

It is not in one spectacular experience that you come to know Me intimately. It is living with Me every hour of every day.

You will see My face in all that is around you.

You will see Me in all of nature--the trees and sky and flowers, the sea, and the animals.

You will see Me in the faces of those who love you and whom you love.

You will see Me in the faces of all you meet and touch each day, for I am there.

You will hear Me speaking from everywhere. I am not limited; I speak in My written Word, in the writings of others, in the singing of birds, in the laughter of children.

Listen, for you cannot miss My voice. I will speak to you through the words of people. Their voices will bring you My messages.

I am in every circumstance, in every situation. I am everywhere, in everything, and I can use everyone, even if they don't recognize it.

You cannot miss Me if you but look and listen, for it is in your own eyes and in your own ears, that you will see and hear Me.

It is in choosing to see the good in everything that happens to you, to take the blessing from each moment, each new day, each encounter with others.

It is in seeking Me, day after day, year after year, and finding Me always there, always waiting, always loving, always merciful, and always giving that you will learn to find the best in every person and situation and take from each the gifts that they bring.

You will experience Me and My presence when you see Me in all things.
Thought I would share these great thoughts going in to the weekend!
I LOVE it! Thanks HG!
Überzeugungen sind oft die gefährlichsten Feinde der Wahrheit.
[Certainty (that one is correct) is often the most dangerous enemy of the
truth.] - Friedrich Nietzsche

God is a metaphor for that which transcends all levels of intellectual thought. It's as simple as that. -- Joseph Campbell

MadamCurie

Post by MadamCurie » 28 Aug 2009, 20:16

What an uplifting thought. Thanks, Hawk!

Tom Haws

Post by Tom Haws » 28 Aug 2009, 23:52

That's beautiful. Truly, if we are not receiving many revelations daily (and often I don't), it's not God's fault.
Tom (aka Justin Martyr/Justin Morning/Jacob Marley/Kupord Maizzed)
Higley and Guadalupe
Gilbert, Arizona
----
Sure, any religion would do. But I'm LDS.
"There are no academic issues. Everything is emotional to somebody." Ray Degraw at www.StayLDS.com

swimordie

Post by swimordie » 29 Aug 2009, 16:53

Absolutely love this!!!! Thanks, hawkgrrrl, beautiful!

Sorry to beat the drum, but it sounds/feels so similar to "let go and let God" as well as staying "present".
Perfectionism hasn't served me. I think I am done with it. -Poppyseed