A House Full of Females

Public forum to discuss interesting and helpful books.
hawkgrrrl
Site Admin

Re: A House Full of Females

Post by hawkgrrrl » 29 Nov 2017, 16:52

Again, I recommend expanding your reading to include Cordelia Fine. One study that claimed to show that women's brains were more empathetic was easily debunked by showing the same result in the brain of a dead salmon.

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 29 Nov 2017, 17:30

It is not a question of whether they differ, but by how much.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

dande48

Post by dande48 » 29 Nov 2017, 21:18

"The whole world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel." - Horace Walpole

"Even though there are no ways of knowing for sure, there are ways of knowing for pretty sure."
-Lemony Snicket

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 01 Dec 2017, 08:37

[Admin Note]: We now are quite a ways from the original post, which is a review of a book. Let's return to that focus.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken