Interview on Climate Change

Public forum to discuss interesting and helpful books.
TheBiologist

Interview on Climate Change

Post by TheBiologist » 10 Apr 2017, 13:43

http://billmoyers.com/episode/climate-c ... -and-fact/

This is a great interview about a Christian perspective on climate change. I especially like the idea that science and faith are two sides of the coin of truth, or the discovery of truth. Science is a process for discovering truth through observations - things which we can see. Faith is useful for discovering "things which are not seen, which are true" (Alma 32:21).

Also worth noting is the idea that the largest religion in Utah is not Mormonism but the GOP.

Heber13

Re: Interview on Climate Change

Post by Heber13 » 10 Apr 2017, 14:04

Pretty interesting...I think the views are very reasonable, and I think there are ways to mesh a reasonable approach with a religious and faithful approach.

There is a very good book by Lowell Bennion about this, I recommend: Religion and the Pursuit of Truth. It's a good read, I think.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."