Greg Prince on A Thoughtful Faith Podcast

Public forum to discuss interesting and helpful books.
LookingHard

Greg Prince on A Thoughtful Faith Podcast

Post by LookingHard »

I really like every time I listen to Greg Prince. I think he really understands many things better than the church leaders do. I sure wish he would be asked to come to have a chat with the top church leaders.

http://athoughtfulfaith.org/greg-prince ... on-moment/

I have his book on President McKay is next on my list to purchase.
FaithfulSkeptic

Re: Greg Prince on A Thoughtful Faith Podcast

Post by FaithfulSkeptic »

LookingHard wrote:I really like every time I listen to Greg Prince. I think he really understands many things better than the church leaders do. I sure wish he would be asked to come to have a chat with the top church leaders.
:thumbup: Amen! I enjoy Greg Prince too. Listening to the podcast now.
I know of no sign on the doors of our meetinghouses that says, “Your testimony must be this tall to enter.” Dieter F. Uchtdorf, October 2014
Ann

Post by Ann »

Lots of interesting material. For better or worse our whole family listened, but my husband really tuned out when Prince contended that racism is worse today than since before 1978 (I think that's how he said it) - and my husband just said that's rubbish.

I think he kind of simplifies what people, millennials in particular, want from a church. But I think that's also Gina Colvin's
bent.

I love the conversation about scripture, curriculum, the absence of anyone labeled theologian, etc.

Great anecdote towards the end about So. Cal. stakes' Young Adult initiative and Pres. Monson.

I'd love to hear what others think, especially if you listened with family members.
"Preachers err by trying to talk people into belief; better they reveal the radiance of their own discovery." - Joseph Campbell

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

"Therefore they said unto him, How were thine eyes opened? He answered and said unto them, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes...." - John 9:10-11
mom3

Post by mom3 »

I haven't heard the podcast yet. I will listen tomorrow, but I am having a distinct impression that the circle of scholars that church is relying on are having their own leadership struggles.

I am interested to see if those struggles or nudges of struggles will reach higher level ears and have an effect.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman