church is true website

Public forum to discuss interesting and helpful books.
jgaskill

church is true website

Post by jgaskill »

I needed to write about the "church is true" website. I cannot tell all of you how much I love this web page site whatever you want to call it because if you feel you do not fit in or have doctrine issues that website helps a lot . Mormonism is a big tent and the author of the web site shows all how they can fit in and back it up with references, I sooooooooooo much appreciate this as I have struggled all year with issues with the church , in fact I am suprised I am still a member. If you have not checked it out please do and I would like to thank the author of this site again as it really helps me and I am sure others who are having struggles with doctrine.
DarkJedi

Re: church is true website

Post by DarkJedi »

Glad it has helped. I agree it is a good site, and if it helps people StayLDS then it's great. The author of the site does post here (as churchistrue) - I'm sure he appreciates public thanks and direction to his site but it wouldn't hurt to PM him a thanks as well.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction
Minyan Man

Post by Minyan Man »

Can you provide a link? I'm having trouble finding it.
DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi »

Minyan Man wrote:Can you provide a link? I'm having trouble finding it.
http://www.churchistrue.com/
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction
Heber13
Site Admin

Post by Heber13 »

[Mod Note: This thread has been moved to the Reviews section as it is a thread to review thoughts and feelings about that one website, not really an issue needing support from the forum. It more appropriately fits in this section on reviews.]
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."