Lincoln Hypothesis

Public forum to discuss interesting and helpful books.
Holy Cow

Lincoln Hypothesis

Post by Holy Cow »

Just finished reading "The Lincoln Hypothesis," which was recommended by my brother-in-law. I love reading historical books about Lincoln, Grant, and anything related to the Civil War time period. Unfortunately, the author of this book took a LOT of liberty with his interpretation of history. He took the tiniest little events, and put way more focus on them than they deserved, in an attempt to prove his own theory. But, he completely overlooked (or disregarded) much more significant events that would unravel his theory. I was hoping to find an interesting read, but spent a lot of time shaking my head and rolling my eyes with the artistic license taken to support his own opinion. Has anybody else read this one? :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
My introduction: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6139
SilentDawning

Re: Lincoln Hypothesis

Post by SilentDawning »

No, I haven't read it, but I see the same critical thinking faults in Sunday lessons and during sacrament meeting :)
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

A man asked Jesus "do all roads lead to you?" Jesus responds,”most roads don’t lead anywhere, but I will travel any road to find you.” Adapted from The Shack, William Young

"The wise man has the power" -- adapted from What A Fool Believes -- The Doobie Brothers