Mormon Hierachy: Wealth & Corporate Power

Public forum to discuss interesting and helpful books.
Holy Cow

Mormon Hierachy: Wealth & Corporate Power

Post by Holy Cow »

I just saw that D Michael Quinn has written another book in his "Mormon Hierarchy" series. I've read Origins of Power, and thought it was a great, in-depth book, and appreciated all of the references and notes. I've ordered Extension of Power, but from summaries I've read about it, I'm not quite as excited about the content. Doesn't look that interesting...
But, I haven't heard any reviews about his new book, Wealth & Corporate Power. From the summaries I've seen, this sounds like it's got a negative tone, and talks about church businesses, nepotism, etc. Not sure if this one will be worth the read. I just wanted to see if any of you have read it, or heard anything about how this one is?
My introduction: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6139
SilentDawning

Re: Mormon Hierachy: Wealth & Corporate Power

Post by SilentDawning »

I have not. But would like to read it. I read extensions of power when I was trying to figure out my stance on tithing. And Quinn's historical description about the evolution of tithing helped me see what it is. Perhaps I know Quinn is one of the September 6 if memory serves. He was excommunicated for his historical writing.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

A man asked Jesus "do all roads lead to you?" Jesus responds,”most roads don’t lead anywhere, but I will travel any road to find you.” Adapted from The Shack, William Young

"The wise man has the power" -- adapted from What A Fool Believes -- The Doobie Brothers