Morrie Schwartz In His Own Words

Public forum to discuss interesting and helpful books.
mom3

Morrie Schwartz In His Own Words

Post by mom3 »

If you have ever read or seen the movie Tuesdays With Morrie this book is his collection of aphorisms and the explanations behind it. I didn't buy the book expecting to find a connection to my faith transition, but surprisingly it did. If I substituted his ALS with my issue - I found a lot of hope. Some of them are exactly what we talk about it here, others are refreshing ways to find joy in life when everything you think has been taken from you.

They are easy reads, could be used like a daily devotional. If you are looking for uplift try it. Available in hardback, paperback and kindle.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman
Old-Timer
Site Admin

Re: Morrie Schwartz In His Own Words

Post by Old-Timer »

Wonderful book. I recommend it highly.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken