The man in the mirror

Public forum to discuss interesting and helpful books.
REBEL2

The man in the mirror

Post by REBEL2 » 05 Nov 2019, 10:19

I just purchased this book and have been reading it piece meal at work . Anybody want comment on it ? The author is Patrick Morley. Thanks

Roy

Re: The man in the mirror

Post by Roy » 21 Nov 2019, 09:51

Please tell us about it.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

SamBee

Re: The man in the mirror

Post by SamBee » 21 Nov 2019, 16:14

Never heard of it.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."