Sexual "Articles of Faith" for LDS Marital Intimacy

Public forum to discuss interesting and helpful books.
SilentDawning

Re: Sexual "Articles of Faith" for LDS Marital Intimacy

Post by SilentDawning » 23 Mar 2019, 19:04

I am not in favor of most absolute statements. As you get older, it's a often recipe for attack, often a recipe for exceptions to be shared, and normally a sign of a lack of breadth in a person's experience or judgment.
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"Stage 5 is where you no longer believe the gospel as its literally or traditionally taught. Nonetheless, you find your own way to be active and at peace within it". -- SD

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

My introduction: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1576

Roy

Re: Sexual "Articles of Faith" for LDS Marital Intimacy

Post by Roy » 24 Mar 2019, 15:24

I also found that their treatment of birth control was open and left to the couple to determine family planning.

When I was married, DW was on some medication that was known to cause birth defects and her Dr. required 2 forms of birth control (abstinence was considered as one form :crazy: ). Anyway, DW got some heat from her family. They seemed understanding of the circumstances, as long as DW did not use her medication as an excuse to postpone parenthood any longer than was necessary. :evil:

Anyway, Knowing as I do that there are still some pockets in Mormonland that feel it is one's duty to have children early and often, I am thankful for yet another step in the direction of "Mind your own business!!!"
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13